It doesn’t matter if every other part of your online business system is perfect. If you have no customers visiting your site, then you’re not going to make a cent!
This is why the online marketing systems and processes you set up are so critical, for it is these that refer the traffic to your website, traffic that is the lifeblood of your business. And, just as is the case with traditional offline marketing, you are wise to employ multiple channels of message distribution to get the best results.
However, when I am asked to review online business systems that are struggling, one of the most universal issues I discover is that the online marketing systems being used are mostly ineffective, and in some cases, are totally non-existent. In this scenario, it is virtually impossible for an online business system to succeed in achieving its revenue objectives.
In particular, I find the following:
- An ineffective or totally non-existent Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) campaign that results in a business having no presence in Google’s organic search results.
- Little or no consideration of the incredible potential and accessibility of digital advertising opportunities such as those offered by Google Adwords and Facebook Marketing.
- Little or no consideration of the vast potential of using onsite and embedded video, and in particular, to take advantage of the second most popular search engine on the web, this being YouTube.
- Little or no social media profile, and in the case that such a profile does exist, failing to be active on it to grow a substantial follower base.
- Little or no blogging; when it has been categorically proven that regular blogging improves SEO ranking considerably, attracts more leads, achieves more inbound links and increases sales conversions.
- Very poor website copy that fails to engage visitors by clearly articulating that their needs and wants are well understood and that the products or services on offer are precisely those required to achieve the results they want.
- No communication of a clear, concise or compelling Unique Selling Proposition (USP), either in online or offline marketing materials, which is then strongly associated with an organisation’s brand, website, products or services.
So if you know that you’re struggling in the Online Marketing area, and have accepted the sobering fact that this is costing you thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars a year in unrealised revenue, then this is something that you have to change immediately if you are going to have a profitable 2019!
What online marketing channels are you intending to try in 2019 that you haven’t tried before? What motivated you to consider trying these channels? Please share your thoughts on these questions in the comments box below.